What are Nursing in Practice Training Days?
The training days are run by highly experienced nurse trainers designed to provide you with some critical lessons in a variety of clinical areas. Classes are made up of no more than 40 students to ensure close contact studying, and all course material is provided.
Who can attend?
Any qualified nurse who is interested in refreshing their skills on a specific clinical area. Healthcare Assistants are welcome to come along but we would recommend they attend with a qualified nurse as some of the content may be a little advanced.
How much does it cost to attend?
The courses costs £59 + VAT for a half day or £99 + VAT for a full day.
What courses will be run?
Please see the locations page for details of which topics are running in which locations. If you can not see a course on your preferred topic, we can arrange bespoke training courses for large groups.
What if I can’t attend my preferred course in my area?
We are running courses in several locations so please check whether you are able to travel.
What is included in the day?
You will receive all of your course material, as well as a personal tutor and refreshments, your CPD points and certificate.
When will I get my attendance certificate?
You will receive your certificate 2-3 weeks after the training day.
Do you offer bespoke training packages?
Yes, we do! If your CCG, practice or company are looking for bespoke training packages to fit you and your colleagues’ needs, let us know. Just email email@example.com with your requirements and we will get back to you.
How can I convince my manager to let me attend?
If you are interested in attending but are unsure of how to approach your manager to gain approval, then below are ten reasons you can use to put together a winning case:
- The training day will give you a reminder of the basic skills necessary to manage the care of your patients – research shows that many nurses qualified several years ago and have not had many opportunities to refresh their knowledge of common procedures and techniques
- Each of the training days is designed to give you information in line with national guidelines, so you can comply with expectations set by the regulatory bodies
- If your practice is unable to spare multiple nurses at one time, you can attend and report back the key outcomes to the rest of your team and practice
- Where the cost of the course is a potential barrier, if your employer is paying for you to attend 40% of the price is tax deductible
- By attending a Nursing in Practice Training day, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance, with hours to put towards your continuing professional development portfolio. This will help you meet expectations set by the NMC
- The days are designed to be informative, intensive and interactive. You will interact with key experts in a field and gain practical advice and guidance on any areas of difficulty you may be facing
- All attendees will receive a copy of the course material to take back to their practice, including presentation hand-outs, learning outcomes, recommended further reading, competency tasks and other information that the trainer may deem useful
- You will have the possibility to network with your colleagues and peers in your local area, which will allow you to learn and discuss regional challenge and best practice
- Each class is limited to just 40 places to ensure close tutor contact and group interaction. If you miss this opportunity to attend, you may have to wait until next year to get another chance to attend
- Ultimately, this training will give you the confidence to deliver the best possible standard of care and improve patient outcomes in your practice
How can CCGs get involved?
We are currently offering bespoke training in an extended range of different therapy areas. If your community has any specific learning requirements, we can bring the training to you! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.